Financing of Positive Impact Industries
We are committed to contributing R$400 billion by 2025, in the form of business initiatives that promote a sustainable and increasingly green and inclusive economy. In our classification of “positive impact”, considering the concepts being discussed by the European Union, the Climate Bonds Initiative, the United Nations (UN), the International Capital Market Association (ICMA), and the Brazilian Federation of Banks (Febraban) and we elected six major industries of positive impact for financing:
▪ renewable energy: energy generation from cleaner sources, such as solar, wind, and small hydroelectric plants, which contribute to reducing the negative impact on the environment and society;
▪ energy services: initiatives that reduce the cost of access to energy, making this basic service more accessible throughout Brazil;
▪ health and education: hospitals and laboratories that promote quality of life improvement, and educational institutions that aim at the qualification and employability of the population;
▪ infrastructure works: projects that increase economic development through rail transportation, sanitation, and solid waste;
▪ pulp and paper: projects that contribute to climate mitigation, based on responsible management;
▪ agribusiness: initiatives that promote the preservation of forest areas and best practices, and investment in productivity, guaranteeing the availability of food, supporting the maintenance of biodiversity, the preservation of water resources, and carbon inventory.