We want to accelerate the transition to an increasingly sustainable economy.
Itaú aims at continuing increasing financing and services in industries that promote positive impact, such as health, education and renewable energy, helping to accelerate the development of projects and reduce social and environmental risks. Therefore, in our credit offer we assess the social, environmental and climate impacts of the businesses to which financing is granted.
We are committed to being the climate transition bank for our clients, driving new models and solutions for the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. We have committed to contribute R$400 billion to a sustainable economy by 2025 through financing in positive impact sectors and ESG product development and operations.
Learn about the six positive impact industries we have prioritized as part of this commitment:
- Renewable energy: energy generation from cleaner sources, such as solar, wind, and small hydroelectric plants, which contribute to reducing the negative impact on the environment and society.
- Energy services: initiatives that reduce the cost of access to energy, making this basic service more accessible throughout Brazil.
- Agribusiness: initiatives that promote the preservation of forest areas, as well as best practices and investment in productivity, guaranteeing the availability of food, supporting the maintenance of biodiversity, the preservation of water resources, and carbon inventory.
- Pulp and paper: projects that contribute to climate mitigation, based on responsible management.
- Infrastructure works: projects that increase economic development through rail transportation, sanitation, and solid waste.
- Health and education: hospitals and laboratories that promote quality of life improvement, and educational institutions that aim at the qualification and employability of the population.
These industries were chosen based on the main national and international taxonomies (EU Taxonomy, Climate Bonds Initiative, International Capital Market Association (ICMA), and Brazilian Federation of Banks (Febraban)).
Learn about the targets of this commitment
Learn about the ESG products and services that Itaú offers
Did you know that Itaú makes available financial products and services that stimulate positive changes in society?