About Itaú Unibanco
In these 95 years of history, we reached the position of Brazil’s largest bank¹ and we are considered the most valuable brand in Brazil by publications such as Interbrand, among other important recognitions. These achievements are the result of the way we run our business, always placing ethics ahead results, constantly seeking innovation and excellence.
We grew by helping people and Brazil grow, encouraging the development of those around us. We work to make dreams come true, to awaken the will to do more and better. This is the meaning of our trajectory and this is our purpose: to stimulate people’s power of transformation.
Behind everything we do, there are people. It is people who have ideas, who become solutions, who change the lives of other people. Disclosing the purpose of Itaú Unibanco is part of the reaffirmation of our reason to exist, expanding the power that every person has to invent and to reinvent themselves. To this end, it is necessary to engage all employees towards the same direction. In line with this purpose, the arrival of Itaú Unibanco’s new CEO was characterized by the incorporation of this purpose into the organization, which gave rise to the definition of six strategic priorities that will guide our actions over the coming years: Customer Centricity, Digital Transformation, People Management, Risk Management, Sustainable Development and Internationalization.
These priorities are part of a perception of market trends and challenges facing the institution that is shared by the Executive Committee, organize initiatives that were in progress throughout the bank, and reinforcing our commitment to employees, clients, stockholders and society. The purpose of Itaú Unibanco was not born in 2017. It has always existed inside everybody who has been part of this organization and who now perpetuate this legacy. We are people who drive people.
Itaú Unibanco’s vision is to be a leading bank in sustainable performance and customer satisfaction. For Itaú Unibanco, sustainable performance is to create shared value for employees, clients, stockholders and society, ensuring the longevity of the business.
(¹) In terms of total assets in accordance with the Central Bank of Brazil.
Overview of Itaú Unibanco
Leading position in Brazil
- US$82.4 billion market cap(1)
- 96,764 employees in Brazil and abroad
- 4,704 branches and CSBs in Brazil and abroad
- 47,518 ATMs in Brazil and abroad
- Around 55 million clients in the Retail Bank in July/19
- Brazilian multinational bank
- Major provider of finance for the expansion of Brazilian companies
- In 2017, Itaú Unibanco was elected the The Best Company in People Management (by “Valor Carreira” magazine) and also recognized as a pro-ethics company (Pró-Ética), an initiative between the Office of the Comptroller General(2) with the private sector, which encourages the voluntary adoption of integrity measures and corruption prevention in the business sector, being the only financial institution among the companies approved.
(1) As of September 30, 2019. Source: Economatica. (2) Controladoria-Geral da União (CGU).
Itaú Unibanco has an important presence in key financial centers supported by a unique recognition and reputation.
We are an Universal Bank ¹
(1) September 30rd, 2019 figures; (2) Includes Insurance, Pension Plan and Premium Bond operations.